Santa baby, forgot to mention one little thing…A ring…
I don’t mean on the phone; Santa baby,
So hurry down the chimney tonight.
To all the women out there in a serious relationship: all we want for Christmas this year is a proposal, right? Can we get an AMEN?
Think there’s a chance he’ll propose? If so, we know you “love being surprised” but we also know you don’t want to be taken unawares Christmas morning–unromantically clad in your over-sized Looney Tunes sweatshirt from high school and hair disheveled–or taken by surprise at any other time for that matter! There will be proposal photographs, after all!
So put your Nancy Drew caps on, ladies, because we’re on the case with you! And we’ve got up our sleeve 5 signs that he’ll propose this holiday season to get you started on his trail.
- He seems a little distant or distracted. Mysteriously absent one evening giving some lame excuse? Not to fret; he could very well be practicing his on-one-knee speech! You’re together and you keep getting frustrated because it seems he’s not hearing anything you’re saying? He might be struggling to help you decide which lights to buy at Lowe’s because he’s thinking about how nearly every decision you make together in the future will be as husband and wife.
- He’s all of a sudden strangely obsessed with every detail of your holiday season plans. Yes, for the thousandth time, I told you Thursday evening I’m going gift shopping with my mom, and then Saturday morning is Aunt Ava’s holiday brunch, and Monday night is my niece’s Christmas pageant! Why all of a sudden are you so neurotic about my schedule?? Psst…take it from us, he might just be figuring out a time when you’re occupied so he can steal your dad away for “that talk,” or visit the jeweler to see if the ring is ready.
- You catch him talking in a corner with your close girlfriends at various holiday parties. He may usually be shy around your girlfriends, or he may be as comfortable with them as his own sisters. Regardless,these next few weeks if you catch him in a little tête-à-tête with your friends, perhaps nonchalantly amble over to pour yourself a beverage and watch their body language out of the corner of your eye. Do you detect one of your friends holding her hand over her mouth in excitement? Does he seem bashful and a little flushed? Do they appear to be talking more quietly than normal? Do your friends and he glance in your direction, them exuberantly and him rather shyly, and then look away quickly as if hoping you didn’t notice? Pay close attention, dearie!
- He avoids conversations about what you’ll be giving each other for Christmas. Why did he just change the subject after you told him you wanted a new pair of boots, when you hadn’t even finished telling him what brand they were or on which website he could find them? Is it because he doesn’t care what you want? No, it could be because he’s already spent his Christmas gift budget for you (and probably everyone else in his family for that matter: You got us all notebooks with your company’s logo? Most likely stolen from the supply cabinet? Oh you shouldn’t have!).
- He suggests taking a walk at the most unreasonable time. But honey, a blizzard just started! But, but, all the family just got here and we’re about to open gifts! Never you mind; you just do as you’re told and hustle your little self out the door with him. It could be one of the most memorable moments of your life!
So ladies, here’s hoping all of your Christmas wishes come true this year!