Congratulations! You’re a new bride looking forward to your honeymoon, but what should you take? This will probably be the most important trip of your life and you don’t want to make any mistakes. You want to look fabulous but don’t want to get stressed over the packing chore.
I’ve prepared a honeymoon packing list you can use as a guideline. You may want to tweak it to your personal needs but it is a good starting point.
This packing list assumes that you will not be doing laundry while on your honeymoon, but if there are options for that, you can make adjustments accordingly. The list is based on a seven day trip to a tropical climate which is where most honeymooners go.
Honeymoon Packing List for the Bride
Let’s start with the most important packing items for our beautiful bride to be:
- 7 bathing suits and covers
- 4 shorts and tops
- 1 pair of jeans
- 7 bras
- 14 pairs of panties
- 7 sundresses or outfits for dinner
- 2 light sweaters
- Special negligee just for him
- 4 pair of socks
- 3 pair of nice dress sandals
- 1 pair of tennis shoes or running shoes
- Exercise clothes if you plan to visit the gym
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Cosmetics – Your resort will probably have basic soap, shampoo and conditioner but if you have special needs such as color-fast hair products or particular brands, be sure to pack them.
- 1 large versatile bag that can double as carry on and beach bag
- 1 straightening iron that doubles as a curling iron
- Quart-sized ziploc bags to use for liquids and dirty clothes
Honeymoon Packing List for the Groom
In the interest of fairness, we need to also discuss our groom and make sure he packs enough to keep him happy and stress free while away.
- 7 swimsuits
- 12 tee shirts
- 3 pair walking shorts
- 3 pair long pants
- 4 button-down shirts
- 3 colored polo shirts
- 7 pair of underwear
- 7 pair of socks
- Sandals or flip-flops
- Boat or tennis shoes
- Exercise clothes and shoes
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Cosmetic and shaving needs
A Few More Packing Dos and Don’ts
Here are a few more considerations for creating your honeymoon packing list:
- A tropical vacation is a bit more casual than a vacation in the U.S. so there is no need to pack a tie or sports coat.
- Don’t take your best jewelry. Take costume jewelry and buy beads from the locals.
- The resorts will keep your items safe but you should still leave your valuables at home.
- Have a little cash but use your credit cards for most purchases.
- Pack anything of importance, such as documents, keys, medications, phones, etc. in your carry-on bag and follow TSA guidelines about not carrying excess liquids or gels in that bag.
- Start your packing list about a week before your wedding to avoid stress. You don’t want to be running around trying to finish packing at the last minute.
Most of all enjoy, relax and have the time of your lives!
We hope this honeymoon packing list was helpful, our lovely brides-to-be. Bookmark this page to pull up at your convenience whenever you feel “packing panic” start to creep in. Remember, your wedding day will be perfect and your honeymoon is just the beginning of the best days of your life!
Need More Great Planning Tips?
A good honeymoon specialist can give you the best advice to find the perfect honeymoon spot for you. This is an important trip and you should not take any chances of choosing the wrong resort.
If you’d like help planning your destination wedding or honeymoon, I’m available to help. Just reach out to me and let me know how I can be of service.