Dining at Sandals Resorts is an experience and treat. Sandals launched a million dollar revamp of their dining program a couple of years ago and it does not disappoint. One of the improvements was the hiring of chefs from around the country corresponding to the particular restaurant’s ethnicity to provide an authentic experience to the diners. Along with significant upgrades to their food menus and wine selections, the dining experience was moved to another level and rebranded as 5 Star Global Gourmet Dining Experience.
It is impossible to adequately describe the program without actually experiencing it, but listed below are some of the signature dishes from a few of the 16 restaurants at the Ochi Beach Resort.
Dining at Sandals Resorts Offers a Wide Selection:
Traditional Jamaican Steamed Fish
Le Gourmand (French)
- Crêpe Suzette - Thin French pancake filled with fresh fruit compote, topped with sweet orange sauce
- Braciolini - thin slices of beef wrapped around pancetta,garlic, parsley, capers & parmesan cheese intomato-red wine sauce
Soy (Sushi Bar)
- Highway Roll - Deep Fried Spicy Tuna and Special Sauce
- Blue Mountain Coffee Rubbed Sirloin – Mild Scotch Bonnet au jus accompanied by mashed potatoes
The Reef Terrace
- Traditional Conch Chowder - Tender conch stewed in a tomato,onion, garlic broth
- Seafood Pot Au Feu - Fine Selection of Local Reef Shrimp, Scallop, Mussel, White Fish Fillet Steamed In Garlic & White Wine Fragrant Broth
- Filet au Poivre - Peppercorn-Crusted Filet Mignon, Red WineDemi-Glace, Mixed Greens Salad, & Pommes Frites
The Southern Table
- Free Range Fried Chicken – Red beans, steamed rice, corn kernels
Dining at Sandals Resorts means the appetizers, desserts and other entrees are equally wonderful. Here is just a brief sample to wet your appetite.
As an added bonus, any menu item can be modified to your desire and dishes are always available to meet any special dietary requirements you may have.
While my list covers many of the popular items, there are many other choices on the menu in addition to the ones featured above. But Sandals doesn't stop there. The dining experience at Sandals offers a variety of choices beyond the sit-down restaurants such as burgers, pizza and Jamaican jerk, as well as the desserts of the Parisian Café.