The Sandals Foundation offers its guests a way to embrace socially conscious travel and contribute to the well-being of the Caribbean people through its Sandals Foundation.
The Foundation has three major socially conscious travel initiatives:
- Educational programs with the goal of providing as many children, youths, and adults as possible with the educational opportunities to help them to reach their full potential.
- Community programs to partner with local resources to tackle complex issues such as violence, poverty, disaffected youth, lack of healthcare access and needs for employment training.
- Environmental preservation ranging from the delicate reefs, to marine life, beaches, trees and flora.
Socially Conscious Travel Options
Guests can support these initiatives by giving money, by providing in-kind donations, or through direct hands-on assistance.
- Giving Money – All money donated to the Sandals Foundation goes directly to support its programs. Administrative costs and staffing are provided by Sandals corporation. No one at Sandals will ever ask you to contribute money but as you check in using a tablet there is an option to donate if you so choose. You could also go to the front desk and make a donation which is an option some choose as they settle their final bill.
- In-Kind Donations – The Foundation accepts donations of school supplies of any kind. These are sorely needed within the schools. We have heard tales of children breaking pencils in half in order to share with each other.
- Hands-on Assistance – The Sandals Foundation provides an opportunity through its Reading Road Trip program where guests visit a school of young children accompanied by a Sandals Foundation volunteer. There the guests will engage with the children as a mentor and help them to experience a renewed excitement about learning.
If socially conscious travel and destination weddings are something you’re interested in, Sandals makes it easy for you to get involved and make a difference. Visit Sandals.com to learn more about their wedding programs and vacation options.