Has the pandemic got you thinking about a Destination Wedding in 2021?
If you're nervous about planning a traditional wedding during this crazy time, maybe a destination wedding in 2021 is for you. 2020 has been different than any other year we have experienced in our lifetimes. All aspects of our lives are affected and that includes even something as basic as getting married. Many couples are finding that local wedding venues are closed or affected by ever-changing restrictions. This makes it impossible to solidify plans for themselves and their guests. And the safety of everyone involved is certainly a major concern. I have heard stories of couples moving dates, losing deposits and planning everything over again. This adds needless stress at a time that should be the exciting beginning of a wonderful future.
For more and more couples a destination wedding is the answer to all these issues. The island of St. Lucia was recently moved to the “No Health Warning” list by the CDC. Other countries considered low-risk are Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, Montserrat, St. Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia and St. Vincent and the Grenadines. In addition the resorts have implemented their own protocols to deal with COVID-19, providing an additional layer of protection.
Many couples have decided to combine their weddings with their honeymoons on one of these beautiful tropical islands where they, their families and their friends can leave the pandemic behind and celebrate together. They can have a video made to show those who were not able to attend. They could also have a celebration barbecue or party for them.
Here are 10 reasons for a Destination Wedding in 2021:
1. Save money –a destination wedding is less expensive than a traditional wedding.
2. Stress free – all plans are made prior to arrival on the island.
3. No pandemic – leave it behind.
4. Beautiful weather – the events can be held outside.
5. Gorgeous settings – beaches, sand, ocean, lawns, gazebos, tropical flowers, palm trees.
6. No interruptions for travel – the wedding and honeymoon are in the same place.
7. Mini-vacations for guests – everyone will have a wonderful time.
8. Resort experience – they have been doing this for a long time and know what brides like.
9. Special place – a place you remember for the rest of your life.
10. Pampering – be pampered the entire time.
Now is the time to plan your Destination Wedding for 2021
I have helped couples plan their destination weddings for more than thirty years. I arrange weddings at many resorts but none make it easier for the bride nor include more quality inclusions than the Sandals and Beaches family of resorts. Sandals is the perfect place for couples to tie the knot; and Beaches is great for a family friendly destination wedding that includes the little ones in your special event.
With special arrangements from the Sandals organization I am pleased to offer you a free webinar about destination weddings hosted by me and a Sandals Premier presenter on October 6, 2020 at 7:00 pm EST. Couples who book from the webinar will receive a $250 spa credit during their stay.